Thursday, October 31, 2013

Email 10/31/2013

This past week has been really great.
 
On a daily basis we teach two investigators and I'm feeling really good about it. It truely amazes me how I understand most of the things they say and now I'm actually able to give a lesson all in spanish. Its pretty fun teaching now even though our investigators are our two teachers. When we teach them they go by different names and refuse to speak English to us. Teaching them is fun because they take on this persona of real people that they taught on their mission. Oh and our teachers have only been off there missions for less than a year. I don't know how they do it.
 
This last week I have been rocking the gospel teaching and the language. Just yesterday i was  practicing a lesson and a random teacher came up to me and was so surprised that I had only been there for 3 weeks. Then he asked if I was in the intermediate classes to which I answered no. Boy did his eyes go big after that. Teachers are always telling our District how great we are doing in Spanish. I think tomorrow I'm going to try to speak spanish the whole day.
 
Also this whole week I have commited to follow any promtings that I have and I can truely say that it is paying off. I am feeling the spirit in an increased amount. All of my lessons are benefiting as I have followed my promtings even if I have no idea why or were I'm going with them. They have really paid off.
 
Last night we had another TRC (we teach random members not teachers) and going into it I was really nervous since the last one bombed. But everything went great. Infact I was the one leading the lesson out of four Elders and I understood everything the lady was saying. It blows my mind still that high school spanish couldn't teach me anything in two years and now I'm having conversations in Spanish.
 
Well today was yet another P-Day in which we went to the Temple. Going to the Temple is such a great experience here in Mexico but it eats up practically our whole day. Today I was brave enough to go through the temple without the translations. Yeah it was scary but all in all it was a very good day. It was really funny becuase I walked up to one of the temple workers and asked in spanish "please help me word by word" and he just laughed and said I had nothing to worry about.
 
Its really good to hear that everyone is doing so well. It was funny becuase today on the bus to the temple I was reading the Emails. Hearing that my brother bought some random kid a holloween costume because his father couldn't afford it made me cry. Luckly nobody saw me.  I really love hearing things from back home. Don't get me wrong I'm not home sick at all but it really is nice to see what's going on in the world.
 
Okay sorry but I don't have any pictures this week but I'll try to explain some from last week. The picture of me in the huge group was my district. The picture of just me and that Elder is my Companion Elder Rubisch. If you were wandering about the huge B on the mountain, I really don't know. That huge B is everywhare around the CCM too. I think I heard it's for remembrance of some Mexican hero.
 
This last Wednsday the CCM got some more newbies and it is so funny. We can always tell because they lug aroung every possible book they can have and even when we say "Hola" they have no idea what to do. Its funny because now I know how dumb I looked.
 
If anyone wants to send me some candy or regular chips from the states that would be sweet. Don't get me wrong La Tienda is a good store filled with all kinds of snacks and sodas but all the chips are spicy stuff. I don't like that.
 
I heard my Companions mom is going to send me some new stuff and that is really nice. seriouslyshe doesn't know me but is buying me stuff. Last week my Companion got some candies sent from his mom and there was even a little baggie of goodies for me. So nice.
 
Well I don't really know what else to write now. So I'll just leave you with my testimony.
I have come to know this gospel so much more. This whole experience has been really humbling and spiritual. Just the other day one of the Elders in my district Elder Linderman talked about how we need to follow spiritual promptings. During his whole little speech I was just thinking about Jordan (my brother). I shared a little experience about him as I felt prompted to. During my whole ordeal tears rolled down my cheeks but I felt the spirit so strong. Seriously I have never felt the spirit so strong like that, that my whole body was shaking. All I shared was how he was a good example for me. I know this gospel is real. I know that Heavenly Father answers our prayers becuase he has answered mine. Now I don't know if this will help anyone, but I needed everyone to know that I know the work that I'm doing here is true.
 
With much love
Elder Ivan Rodriguez

No comments:

Post a Comment