Monday, February 17, 2014

Email 02/17/2014 New week in the Mission

So this week I got my new companion. His name is Elder Ramirez hes a 25 year old Peruvian who is shorter than me. But I really like this new companion he's a really funny guy. He doesn't speak a lick of english but thats fine right now. For this month the mission President asked everyone to sacrifice something this month in order to recieve miracles for the next month. so I decided to stop spoken english. My companion said hes just going to sacrifice a dog..... Funny guy. 
This week has been a little tough because all of our old investigators dropped us. Fortunately my new comp is super hard working and likes contacting, which is great for me. I feel like I have learned more in this past week than I have in the entire mission so far.
This Sunday I had another talk and so did my companion. He was super nervous because it was his first talk at church in his whole life. But he does only have 3 years in the church anyway and 1 year of it he was nonactive.
Then in church we contacted this 13 year old that has been attending church for only 3 weeks now. So we go to his house for a lesson and the first thing he says is "I want to be baptized". So we are like, AWESOME. He even knows who he want to baptize him as well. So that's pretty solid.
Also I think I have a new dog here in Ecuador. Everyday this dog follows really close to me for more that 5 miles. And this dog crosses super busy streets and listens to everyhthing I say. Its funny because the dog doesn't like my comp very much haha. So that's all I got for this week.

LOVE ya all and hope all is well

Elder Rodriguez









No comments:

Post a Comment