Monday, July 7, 2014

Email 07/07/2014 Happy 4th

Well this week was a tough one for me here in Esmeraldas. I have to say 4th of july brought a littly home sickness for me to add on the real sickness I was suffering this week. I don't know what was happening but my stomach was in pain the whole week. But I have learned here in the mission when something is getting you down its better to work even harder. 
  It feels great to go to bed every night just utterly exhausted but knowing that you did some good. 
This Sunday we had a really weird experience in church. The Lord just gave us someone to baptize. A guy who I thought was a member came up to us and asked "so when are you guys gonna baptize me?"....... What kinda question is that. Anyway that was really unexpected but really awesome. He only needs the lessons and he's ready to go. 
   Then this monday we had a BBQ with all the missionaries in the zone. Elder Kerby and Elder Dalton made some good old American hamburgers and hotdogs. We only needed some fireworks to bring independence day to Ecuador. It was a good time. We also played some hardcore Futbol here in the zone. I'm getting better, I still suck but I'm getting better. 
Well thats all for now. I'll send pics of my Joseph Smith moment or as my companion says the 2nd vision, and pics of a kitten.... Oh also the BBQ and my shoes.   

Elder Rodriguez

Ivan's Art work.
Give this boy a blank canvas and you never know what he is going to draw.






Elder Rodriguez with his companion


With Elder Sumare from Peru


BBQ and his favorite Pepsi 


The 2nd Vision




Bloody Eye Jesus Church


Elder Ivan Rodriguez with a Kitten

No comments:

Post a Comment