Monday, July 6, 2015

Email 07/06/2015 Independence Day

 Well I hope everyone had a great 4th of July, I know I didn't hahahahahahaha. No but in reality it was alright, as was this week.
  So at the beginning of this week I was honestly feeling a bit bummed because my companion wasn't   progressing much and it felt like a real wieght on my shoulders. 
 Luckly God answers our prayers and only desires our happiness. So after much suffering and much praying, my companion magically progressed alot within one day. Now thankfully he is striving alot more to teach and learn. <--------------------------------------------------------------(Testimony right there)
 So lets continue with the week. So Elder Flores 2.O and I have been working super hard to find new people so we have been trying to get creative. We even went to a city that has never seen missionaries, called Oyocoto, and it turns out that there are more dogs than people over there and the people that are there are super Catholic. So that ended only with a mean looking dog bit to my leg...... I'm okay, no rabis 
  Then it turns out the Pope came to Ecuador...................................SO NOBODY HAS BEEN HOME....
  But honestly I have felt the love of God this week. It has been really hard to see it but its always there. In the midst of a zone of 25 missionaries I'm leading the best district and they have already become like a family for me, the members are great and my companion is getting better. So I really can't complain.
 Oh and today I got an email from one of my old companions who finished his mission about a month ago... He send me a picture of him and his wife in the temple. So with 10 more weeks I think I'm going to work alot harder to have a super hot wife real fast. Honestly that companion was really ugly but he did well.
 
Okay Love ya all

PEACE!

Elder Rodriguez

Underwater pic with Elder Urquieta (from Bolivia). He recently ended his mission and was my first District Leader.


My old District.


My companion bought a sheep ones you and sleeps in it. He doesn't think it's weird.


This sign says if they catch a robber they will lynch him. It's not a joke here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment